1. Prince of Peace | 12/5/21
1. How do you sense the need for an overcoming King in the world today?
2. Read Isaiah 9:6. Shalom is not only the absence of conflict, it is restoring wholeness and building peace.
a)Discuss what this might look like in a society.
b)What might “shalom” look like in situations in your life now?
3. Read Ephesians 2:14-18. This passage refers to the removal of barriers between Jew and Gentile because Jesus established the priesthood of all believers in the church. If peace in the body was God’s intention, how can we choose to engage in relationship with people in the church who we disagree with?
4. Read Ephesians 4:3-6. How do we actively “keep the unity through the bonds of peace”?
5. Read Isaiah 26:3, and John 14:27. Think about where you feel you need Jesus to be your Prince of Peace internally right now. Share this with the group and pray for each other.
2. Overcoming Injustice | 12/12/21
1. Check out the signs of the end of the age in Matthew 24. Which one do you see in the world today? Why these events encourage us?
2. Read Isaiah's prophecy about the Messiah in Isaiah 59:15-20. Describe the picture of the Messiah here. What aspects of the prophecy has Jesus already fulfilled and what is still ahead of us?
3. From these verses, what will the coming judgement be like?
4. Discuss some of the ways that the world we live in clashes with the promised one to come. Why is that happening? What should our response be when we experience conflicts because of our faith? How should we respond when those in authority over us to godless things?
5. Read Luke 2:35. How can we get to the place where the difficult things God allows to be part of our lives are considered part of His favor to us?
3. Overcoming Exile | 12/19/21
1. Read Luke 1:31-33. Which part of this prophecy have been fulfilled and which are still to come?
2. Talk about the ways we can experience His kingdom here:
a) Matthew 6:20-21
b) John 2:15-16
c) John 17:16-18
d) 1 John 5:1-5
3. Read 1 John 4:4 and John 16:33. How can we experience His victory over the world while we live here and await His ultimate kingdom?