12/23/18 Study Questions
Simply Jesus - A Simple Response
1. Can you think of a time when you sacrificed personal comfort for a greater good?
a) What was your motivation?
b) Did you come to regret this decision?
2. Do you spend time pondering God’s promises and what life will look like when those promises come to fruition?
3. Read Joshua 3:14-4:7. What are the standing stone moments in your life?
a) Can you think of a difficult time where recalling those moments has helped you to have confidence in God’s plan?
12/16/18 Study Questions
Simply Jesus - A Simple Humility
1. Think about the humble aspects of God’s entrance into the world as a human. What amazes you? Why?
4. What does the spread of Christianity despite its humble beginnings say about Jesus?
5. If Jesus lived so simply and humbly, how might that influence how we live?
6. Read Acts 22:8. Jesus was a Nazarene and identified Himself with the humble and lowly and downright ordinary. How much does God still work in the ordinary today?
a) How does that change the things you value and aspire to?
12/09/18 Study Questions
Simply Jesus - A Simple Plan
1. If God didn’t care about us He wouldn’t have needed a plan to save us. He made a plan of salvation only because He wants us. What does that mean to you?
2. Why is there only one ‘acceptable solution’ for sin?
3. Read Hebrews 2:14-18. What is the importance of the Incarnation—God becoming human in every way—for us?
a) What were the implications for Jesus?
b) How is our natural relationship to God like the relationship between ‘upstairs’ and ‘downstairs’ people?
c) “When God came downstairs He brought His pajamas and toothbrush with Him.” What does this mean and how is it significant?
4. What would your Christmas celebrations look like if you made them simply about Jesus? What could you do to simplify your Christmas plans to reflect the true meaning this year?