Part 1: The Good Fight | 01/19/20
Study Questions for 1 Timothy 1:1-11 and Introduction
1. How do you think we should determine if a teaching is true and biblically correct?
a) What does 1 Timothy 1:3-5 teach us about how we can be sure a teaching or belief is true?
b) Read verse 4 again. Be honest, do you have any 'pet' belief or teaching that doesn't lead to greater godliness or spiritual maturity, but unnecessarily alienates and causes division?
2. 1 Timothy 1:5-7. What do these verses teach us about how we wander away from the truth?
a) Does anyone come to mind when you read verse 7? Why?
b) To what degree do you behave like this?
3. Read 1 Timothy 1:5. Why is it so important to communicate the truth lovingly and with grace?
a) What's the connection between having sound doctrine and living a mature godly life? Can you have one without the other?
4. How do you stay grounded in the Word of God?
a) What changes do you need to make to spend time regularly with God in His Word?
5. How can you fight the good fight more effectively this week?