10/13/19 Study Questions
Part 3: Free to Move in a Different Direction
1. How have you 'stalled' in your faith? What made you stop growing?
2. Read Galatians 1:13-2:10. How do you try to prove yourself in life?
a) Why do we do these things?
b) Do you think we do this in our spirituality too?
3. What things do we tend to add to our faith to maintain our status as a loved child of God?
a) Read Romans 5:6-10 and Galatians 2:15-16. How are human efforts compatible with God's grace?
4. Read Acts 9:5. How does asking the question: "Who are you Lord?" free us from our insecurities and our need to prove ourselves?
a) How can you apply this, this week?
10/06/19 Study Questions
Part 2: God's Move to Freedom
1. Share how you became a follower of Jesus.
2. Read Galatians 1:1-5. How many features of the gospel can you see in Paul's introduction?
a) Why do you think Paul chose to introduce himself in this way?
3. Read Galatians 1:6-9. What are some modern perversions of the gospel?
a) How do you think Paul would have responded to someone who believes there are different ways to get to Heaven?
4. Read Ephesians 2:1-9. What are the implications of our salvation depending on Jesus' sacrifice alone?
a) How does pleasing people make it impossible to please God?
6. How 'free' do you feel in your life? Where do you feel 'stuck'?
a) How does the gospel speak to your specific situation?
7. Pray for each other's areas of struggle specifically.
09/29/19 Study Questions
Part 1: Free to Move
1. Why is it so hard for us to freely accept unconditional generosity?
a) What makes us think or feel like we need to do something to make God happy?
2. What does it look like to live believing you are unconditionally loved?
3. What makes you feel 'stuck' in your relationship with God?
a) How does faith in Jesus free you to move?
4. Read Galatians 1:6-7. How do you sometimes 'turn away from the gospel' by the way you live?
5. Read Galatians 2:20. What does it mean to 'live by faith in the Son of God'? What does it look like?
6. Read Galatians 5:1, 13. What is the freedom we have in Christ? What are we freed from...? What are we free to...?
7. How is your freedom through faith in Jesus just?